2 ½ C Jiffy Baking Mix
4 TBS nearly frozen butter*
1 ¾ cups sharp cheddar cheese
¾ C cold milk
¼ tsp garlic powder
4 TBS butter, melted
1 tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp dried parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Grease cookie sheet
3. Combine baking mix and cold butter. DO NOT OVER MIX. Make sure to leave small butter chunks.
4. In a small bowl mix the cheese and garlic powder. Then add this to the Jiffy/butter mix.
5. Add the milk
6. Mix. Again, making sure not to over mix.
7. Use your hands to form whatever size biscuits you want. With this batch I can easily get 8-10 normal sized biscuits.
8. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes depending on your oven. The tops should be light brown.**
9. Melt the butter, then stir in garlic powder and parsley flakes
10. Brush the biscuits with the garlic butter immediately after removing from the oven.
*Before I gather the ingredients and start measuring I pop a stick of butter in the freezer. You do not want the butter to freeze but it needs to be super cold.
** Make sure to place them on the top or middle rack of the oven or the bottoms will cook too quickly.
Also, if your biscuits come out super crumbly, cook them for 1-2 extra minutes next time.