Thursday, August 30, 2012

Button Trees

Have you heard of Pinterest?  If not you should check it out.  My sister recently stumbled upon an awesome project called a Button Tree.  They are so much fun to make.  At first I was hesitant to start this project because my artistic abilities are limited to stick people and smiley faces.  However, I am so glad that I made one because they are quite simple.  The hardest thing about them is making the first mark on the canvas. 


Supplies Needed:
  1. 8x10 white canvas
  2. Assorted buttons
  3. Acrylic paint 
  4. Paint brushes
  5. Glue
  6. Pencil (optional)
  7. Small wooden letter 
If you are totally creative and just want to have fun with it, I would suggest just painting the tree on. If you require a little more control, I would draw it with a pencil and erase any mistakes or changes. These are not only fun but the can make for some awesome baby gifts. If you shop for deals on the canvas you can create a button tree for less than $7.00.  I bought the letter "M" unpainted for $1.00 and then painted it myself.  So if you are feeling creative and want to make something adorable, make a button tree!  Use non-toxic glue and make it a family affair!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away. Due to the overabundance of spam, all comments need to go through a review process.